- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
high-level webinar to explore ways and chances for a transatlantic cooperation on connectivity strategy
12. April, 18:00 - 19:00
As the European Parliament´s rapporteur on connectivity, it is my pleasure and honor to invite you to a high-level webinar to explore ways and chances for a transatlantic cooperation on connectivity strategy.
Please join us via Zoom on
Monday, 12th April, 6-7pm (Brussels/Berlin time) and 12-1pm (Washington/New York time)
Click here to register!
We will welcome as keynote speakers:
- Mr. Andy N. Kim, Member of the United States House of Representatives, House Foreign Affairs Committee, Washington, D.C.
- Mr. Koen Doens, Director-General of the DG International Partnerships, European Commission, Brussels
- Ms. Petra Sigmund, Director-General for Asia and the Pacific, German Federal Foreign Office, Berlin
- Mr. Jonathan E. Hillman, Senior Fellow, Director of the Reconnecting Asia Project, Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS), Washington, D.C.
The EU´s connectivity policy aims – at least implicitly – at providing an alternative to China´s Belt and Road Initiative. It follows considerations that are similar to those that motivated the Trump administration to pursue the BUILD Act, the Clean Network Initiative, and the Blue-Dot Network.
Under the new favourable framework conditions that arise under the Biden administration´s determination to work with allies much more consistently, common cause on connectivity issues could be found, too. Where is the Biden administration planning to go in this respect? How much common ground do we see as regards priority areas, forming the basis for possible joint initiatives and projects? Which could or should be the global regions on which transatlantic partners should focus? How could other partners be brought on board? How might the connectivity agendas intersect with the Indo-Pacific strategies of the US government, the EU and several EU Member States?
After inputs from the speakers, we will open our interactive online format for a discussion with the participants. The webinar is public; a recording will be made available afterwards.
Are you interested to join us? Then please register here.
We look forward to welcoming you. Please don’t hesitate to share this invitation with others.