- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
INVITATION | EU-US trade relations: How realistic are the high expectations? | Wednesday, April 21st, 6 pm (Berlin/ Brussels time)
21. April 2021, 18:00 - 19:30
Please join us via Zoom on
Wednesday, 21st April, 6-7:30pm (Brussels/Berlin time) and 12-1:30 pm (Washington/New York time)
Click here to register!
The US is for many European industry sectors the most important export market outside Europe. Therefore, trade relations with the USA are of crucial importance to the European mechanical engineering industry. Under Joe Biden, there is finally an opportunity to achieve a more positive trade relationship between the EU and the US. One can think of concluding transatlantic trade agreements such as on conformity assessment, finding a long-lasting solution for the Airbus/Boeing dispute, reforming the WTO and cooperation on Greening Trade.
We are delighted to discuss the challenges for EU-US trade relations with the following speakers:
• Karl Haeusgen, President of VDMA
• Ron Kind, Member of the US House of Representatives, Ways and Means Committee
• Susan Danger, CEO, American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union and
• Rupert Schlegelmilch, Acting Deputy Director General, DG Trade, European Commission.
Moderated by MEP Reinhard Bütikofer (EFA/Greens).
After inputs from the speakers, we will open our interactive online format for a discussion with the participants. The webinar is public; a recording will be made available afterwards.
Please register here.
We look forward to welcoming you. Please don’t hesitate to share this invitation with others.